The proper steps to install a new asphalt shingle roof?
- Strip existing roof shingles to substrate & properly dispose.
- Inspect boards and plywood, replace if needed.
- Install Ice & Water shield with #15 Felt paper around all perimeters and any water penetrations
- Install Drip edge around all perimeters
- Continue by installing pre-cut starter strip around all perimeters
- Install new asphalt roof shingles with 6-8 storm nailing to each full shingle securing the shingles to roof
- Finally, install Ridge vents to ridge and caps to match